1 c walnut pieces or whole almonds
1/2 c raw sunflower seeds
1/4 c raw wheat germ
1/4 c flaxseed meal
1 t cinnamon
1/3 c olive oil
2 T water
1/3 cup honey
1. Mix oatmeal, nuts, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, flaxseed meal, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Combine the olive oil, water, and honey using a small whisk or fork.
3. Pour the liquid mixture over the oatmeal mixture.
4. Stir until all of the oatmeal mixture is moistened.
5. Place evenly on a greased jellyroll pan or other large shallow pan.
6. Heat oven to 250 degrees. Bake 1 hour 45 minutes. Stir after an hour.
7. Cool and place in a container.
- This is good as a morning cereal with milk or eaten plain as a snack.
- Dried fruit may be added after the granola has cooled.
- This makes a great trail mix if you add dried fruit and some M&M's to the mix.
- Adjust the amount of honey if you prefer a sweeter cereal.
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Romans 12:20 NIV
I am not for sure where I found the original recipe--maybe the Wichita Eagle Beacon. It does not matter since I have made many changes to the original. That is the beauty of this recipe. You can easily adjust it to your individual taste.